Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Second Favorite Summer Salad


I know I already posted my Favorite Summer Salad a few weeks ago, so if strawberries and arugula are my favorite, then today's recipe is my Second Favorite Summer Salad.

As I mentioned before, I spent last week on travel for work in Bloomington, IN.  It is a cute little college town with a surprisingly impressive selection of restaurants.  Whenever I'm in town, I try and make it a point to stop by FARM  for dinner.  The menu changes seasonally and is full of inspired dishes that feature mostly local ingredients.  In fact, I felt so inspired by this summery salad topped with homemade honey-lime dressing, that I decided to make myself as soon as I got back to Philly!

INGREDIENTS:

Salad:
-Spring mix greens
-Sliced peaches
-Diced mango
-Sliced radishes
-Crumbled goat cheese

Dressing:
-2 Tbs low fat mayonnaise
-1 Tbs honey
-Juice of one lime
-1 Tbs olive oil
-pinch of salt

Lay a bed of lettuce and top with peach slices, diced mango, sliced radishes and crumbled goat cheese.  1 mango and 2 peaches were the perfect amount for 3 salads.  I sliced 1 large radish per salad and topped them with about a Tbs of crumbled goat cheese.

To make the dressing, whisk together 2 Tbs of low fat mayo, 1 Tbs of honey, and the juice of one lime in a small bowl until smooth.  Slowly pour in a Tbs of olive oil and continue whisking until well combined.  Mix in a pinch of salt and add more if needed.  Drizzle the dressing over the salad and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use again.


A restaurant called FARM... in the Midwest... in August... if they can't dream up the perfect summer salad, then I don't know who can!

XOXO,
Tall One

No comments:

Post a Comment